Skip to content

State COVID-19 Rent Relief Program Accepting Applications

State COVID-19 Rent Relief Program Accepting Applications

California's COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is now accepting applications from both landlords and tenants.


 California's COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is now accepting applications from both landlords and tenants.

Landlords who participate in the program can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent during that time period.

Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Paying this 25% by June 30, 2021 can help keep you in your home under the state's extended eviction protections.

Eligible renters can receive future rent assistance equal to 25% of their monthly rent. Combined with the assistance available for unpaid rent, future assistance will help renters stay housed once the eviction protections expire on June 30, 2021.

Renters may also receive assistance for unpaid utilities and future payments. Unpaid utilities accumulated from April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021 will be compensated at 100% of cost, limited to a total of 12 months.

In order to be eligible, the renter's household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). In Santa Clara County that is $78,550 for an individual and $112,150 for a family of four. Landlords are eligible for the program if their tenants meet these income requirements.

More information about the program and applications for both landlords and tenants can be found
HERE.

 

Powered By GrowthZone